Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Finished Building!!

The song choice for today:




Finished at Last!


I enjoyed every step of the process, and now that the Miniature House is finally finished, I am really glad that I decided to build it instead of buying one that someone else made. Every time I look at it, I'll remember  how much fun I had working on this project with Bob. Plus, by building it I was able to customize it a little. Besides the color scheme, changes we made to the original design include:
  1. Added chimneys
  2. Changed the design of the front porch
  3. Eliminated some of the exterior trim
  4. Eliminated the flower boxes
  5. Eliminated the staircases from the inside
The model:  Strawberry Patch by Real Good Toys,
from their website, www.realgoodtoys.com

The finished product:  Ange's Miniature House,
by Ange and Bob

Here is another view from the front, where I have already added the front door knob, door knocker and two plants.



The inside of the house, all painted and without staircases - lots of room for furniture!



Now that I am done building, I'm kind of let down. It reminds me of the feeling I had after planning my wedding - it was all I thought about for months, and then it was over. But Bob and I are going on vacation next week, and when we get back I can start working on the interior decorating. I feel pretty certain - and a little afraid - that will take me to a whole new level of obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment