One thing I have realized during this process is that you get what you pay for. The Strawberry Patch Kit was quite inexpensive compared to other models. In a more expensive kit, for example, all the windows are pre-assembled.
But my windows were most definitely NOT pre-asssembled. There are eight windows in the house, and each window consists of 15 separate parts - so 120 little pieces had to be painted and then put together! The painting part was tedious, but I didn't really mind assembling them.
The pictures below show the process for each window. In the last picture you can also see how the redesigned porch (see previous post) turned out.
|All these tiny pieces had to be painted for the windows|
|Spacers glued to the reverse side of interior trim|
|Spacers glued to reverse side of shutters|
|Assembled window - exterior view|
|Assembled windows - interior view. (The little fireplace|
is the one I picked up at an antique store in Cape May.)
Below, the Mini House with all windows and doors installed. Also pictured is the finished porch - I was able to get the additional posts and railing I needed from Circus Dollhouse. I'm really happy with the way it came out.