Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Front Panels - Now Things are Happening!


I submit for today one of my favorite Supreme's songs.  I really enjoy Diana Ross's crazy bouffant in this video:




By the end of today's events, I was ridiculously happy - my project looked much less like a strangely painted bookcase, and more like a house.

Below are all the front panels and all the long pieces that needed to be primed, sanded, and painted with two coats of Pale Sagebrush before assembling. Also visible are the gables and roof sections that have already been installed.




The front panels had a bit of a curve to them, so when gluing the pieces together we added pieces of wood to help straighten them.  The wood also prevented the clamps from leaving marks in the finished paint job.



Long pieces are glued and nailed to the front edges of the house where the hinges will screw in.



The front panels are attached with hinges.



And, Voila!!


No comments:

Post a Comment